Re: Re : gcc analyze tools

Hey Asma,

> However, have you any idea why gcc uses now hand
> written lexer and parsers ?
> what's wrong with lexer/ parser generated from
> flex/ bison ?

This is just a wild guess from my side because I was not involved in this change:

I think there is generally nothing wrong with flex/bison but you would possibly switch to hand-written code to get better performance and to have better control on the code of the lexer/parser (though not depending on externals tools whose generated code might change). By using hand-written code you could then specifically tune some parts of your code.

But maybe, you'll also get an answer from someone being involved in that change ;-)

Best regards,
Andi