Re: gcc 4.6.0 breaks

Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 3 June 2011 00:47, Bill Cunningham wrote:
Well here is the configure log. Maybe that means something.
Something is missing that is needed or I'm not using the right
switches.

Wrong config.log, that's the top-level one, which exited with status 0 (as shown at the end)

You need to look in the config.log which actually failed, as explained
at http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#configure_suffix
As it says there, "You might recognize that several test programs
failed during the configuration, but some of these failures are
non-critical."

I already suggested that you look in $target/libgcc/config.log, for
your system that would be i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgcc/config.log

That might not be the right directory, it's just my guess, you should
look in the directory where configure failed. Again, that's explained
at http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#configure_suffix

If you want help you really need to be less vague than "not knowing
something about the right kind of object files" and you need to
(carefully!) read the documentation which people have gone to the
trouble of writing.

I had the script and sent it in and got back a message saying the system wouldn't take large mail files. Now I might need cloog and ppl too. I think they are required and my C preprocessor fails sanity checks. cpp is in the bin directory but there's nothing in the lib directory. Shouldn't there be a cpp or libcpp.a there or something. When I compile gcc's I get no pre-processor.

Bill