Re: dwarf2 error

Hi Mike,

   Thanks for your reply.

>Can you reproduce the error with a small test program?
  No, I am unable to reproduce the error. It is working fine with small programs

> How are you compiling it?
I am giving following compiler flags
 -mlittle-endian -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.20.a
-mno-xl-soft-mul

> What gdb commands do you use which causes the error?
  (gdb) target remote <ip-addr>:portnumber
  (gdb)load
  (gdb)break main
  (gdb) c
  (gdb)s
   (gdb)print i
    Could not find the frame base for "main"

>What is the Dwarf for the function and variables where the error occurs?
    I dont know how to see Dwarf for the function and variable.
    Please find the attached microblaze-readelf output file.

>What is the locptr value that you think is incorrect?
   In gdb source gdb/gdb/dwarf2loc.c file find_location_expression function
   It is calculating low/high addresses and comparing them with pc
  if (pc >= low && pc < high)
        {
          *locexpr_length = length;
          return loc_ptr;
        }

 But in this particular case this condition is never met as a result I
am getting the error "Could not find the frame base for "main""

The same application is working fine with Dwarf3. I have used
-gdwarf-3 in compilation and now GDN is displaying local variables
correctly.