Re: can't run gcc 4.5.3/4.6.0 under ubuntu 11.04

Marc Glisse wrote:

> If you keep only the system ld (don't install your own) and compile a new
> gcc, does it work?

Without building own binutils it works.

> > Using system ld instead of system gcc is changing nothing, or?
>
> The difference is whether gcc passes different options to ld or ld was
> compiled with different options (or patches). If you insist on compiling
> your own, the first thing to do would be to check how the ubuntu versions
> were compiled.

There is already a bug report for this item:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/binutils/+bug/738098

In hope the changes for ubuntu could shared with standard binutils or a bugfix for ubuntu will arise.

I will begin with building without own binutils

Thanks
 Klaus