Re: Request of clarifications on GPL license

********* Disclaimer - I am not a lawyer. ************

See the FAQ on the GPL - the following two questions are especially relevant:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#CanIUseGPLToolsForNF
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLOutput

In short: yes, there's nothing in the GPL that is even relevant to the
*output* of a GPL'd program, so this in itself will not make the
output of GCC be affected by any licensing restrictions.

************ Disclaimer - I am not a lawyer. ************

John G