Re: "cannot run C compiled programs" error

Anna Ceguerra <anna.ceguerra@sydney.edu.au> writes:

> I managed to export conftest.c before it got deleted. Here is the code, and
> the generated assembly. Generating a.out & running it causes it to fail with
> the same error ( Bad CPU type in executable).

As I think I may have said before, it's an issue with your assembler
and/or your linker.  You have to figure out how to tell your assembler
and linker to build a program which will run on your system.  Most
likely there is a way to do it, but gcc is not doing it.

> Also, what does the ".quad"
> instruction do? I thought I had disabled libquadmath in my configure
> command?

The .quad pseudo-op has nothing to do with libquadmath.  .quad means to
assemble an 8-byte constant.

Ian