Re: Preprocessed output in gcc 4.5.2

On 29 March 2011 21:10, Edward Diener wrote:
> According the the docs an "-E" parameter should produce preprocessed output.

It does.

> I add that to the beginning of the g++ or gcc command line but the progam
> does not produce the output and insists on compiling. What do I have to do
> to get just preprocessed output in gcc ?

Are you still giving -c on the command line too? Use -E instead of
that, not in addition to it, otherwise if -c comes later it will
override the earlier -E option (which I am guessing is what's
happening if you're putting -E at the beginning.)

Also be aware the preprocessed output will go into the file specified
by -o, so you might want to change "-c -o foo.o" to "-E -o foo.ii"