RE: FW: Huge binaries

> There is certainly more debug info generated by gcc 4.5.2.  Are you
saying that your stripped binary went from 60MB to 1200MB without
counting any debug info?  That seems difficult to understand.  If that
is what happened you're
> going to need to track down the specific part of your program which
increased that much.  Using nm --size-sort may help.

No the stripped binary is with the old and new compiler is 60MB.  That
seems to be the size of my code.  So it's not an issue code bloat issue.
The binary with debug info goes from 180MB to  1200MB when I upgrade the
compiler.

I can see the .o files having to do with my MPL generated en/decoder are
huge.

Does debug information affect performance in any way?

Chris