Compile SourceCode using OpenGL / SDL (Gravit 0.4.2)

Hi all,

This might not be the place but IÂm lost and have not a clue even where to
start digging.
I have little programing experience but more than none. TurboPascal7 for
DOS, Scheme/Lisp,
VisualBasic (office) and a little C++. But really, not a lot of experience.
I can figure things out
but Google-ling GCC, GNU, OpenGL, SDL, Make etc seams to be to big of a pile
to dig in.

I would like to play around with and then compile the GNU OpenSource
project/app Gravit.
This is originally compiled with GCC / GNU Make but that is quite abstract
to me even thou I
can handle the Dos promt. So now I looked for alternative windows comilers
with GUI and
have come across Code::Blocks and Dev-C++ to mention two. Code::Blocks has
drawn more
of my attention.

Gravit on the web...

Site: http://gravit.slowchop.com/
Program: http://gravit.slowchop.com/dist/gravit-0.4.2-win32-installer.exe
Source code: http://gravit.slowchop.com/dist/gravit-0.4.2.tar.gz

Now I've dragged the gravit's main.c and gravit.h into Code::Blocks (I allso
tryed to drag all
in source code provided c-files and h-files but also doesn't seam to help).
It wont compile
succesfully and I think I understood I need some kind of SDL and OpenGL
files. Google this
gives me thousands and thousands of hits and really doesn't help me.

So I would really need the mercy of a real programmer to guide me step by
step to import
this source code into a project and compile it. I could then start look into
and play with the
code. The program to use could be I guess CodeBlocks or other if necessary.

I've installed MinGW but it executes only with the error that msys-1.0.dll
is not present. ???
Make install but then what? What do I execute? No GUI?
GCC? Can I use Code::Blocks?
Where do I get the OpenGL and SDL files needed? I belive IÂve found their
oficial sites but
wich of all downloadable files is the one I need?

So, I'm quite lost and in great need of a patient coder to learn some basic
steps.

Sincerely

Emanuel