Can gcc and Linux create a dynamic library?

Thank you Ian.

How can i request gcc to create a dynamic library(not a shared
library)? When we create a dynamic library, there will be multiple
copies of the code of that library in the main physical memory for
each program which uses that library?

If there is always one copy for the library: Considering that library
has some global variables and functions and program A changes those
variables, then program B starts up and uses the same library. Then B
can not use the same initial state as A. Is that right?

Regards