Where can I get the defination __i686.get_pc_thunk.bx function in an objectdump a test program linked with a shared library??

Hi all:
I'm studing ELF topic. I have made a shared object(libsub.so), and have compiled a test program with
the so lib. The steps is following:

 gcc -fpic -o sub.o ./sub.c
 gcc -fpic -shared -o libsub.so ./sub.o
 gcc -o test ./test.o -L. -lsub

Ian Lance Taylor introduced a function: __i686.get_pc_thunk.bx in his blog articles at URL:

http://www.airs.com/blog/archives/41

But When I want to look up the function in OBJDUMP'ed .text section of test program, It's not there:

objdump -d -j .text ./test

I have found the functiong is defined in glibc's source code, but how can I see it from the OBJDUMP'ed context.
Does the section containing that function be placed in the text program?????