Re: inline bug (?)

Eric Botcazou wrote:
>> When in different files, no inline is done (this is good)
>> When in the same file, inline is done up to 5 times (weird and bad for
>> code size)
>>

> What happens if you pass -fwhole-program alongside -flto at link time?

Well, now that depends on the GCC version too. I always pass
-fwhole-program along with -flto. I do compile and link in a single GCC
call.

With 4.6.0 (I had this because of the patch you added to the mainline to
remove the cast in the callee):
- when main and f1 in the same file: f1 was inlined the 5 times (288 bytes)
- when main and f1 in separate files: f1 was not inlined (240 bytes)

With 4.5.1
- when main and f1 in the same file: f1 was inlined the 5 times (360 bytes)
- when main and f1 in separate files: f1 was inlined the 5 times (360
bytes)