Re: Global variable in static library - double free or corruption error

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010, Alexey Skidanov wrote:

You are right. I break it. And I would like to get linker/loader error/warning
as I get linking?two object files with the same global variable defined in each
file ( "Symbol zzz already defined" or something like that).

GNU ld has --warn-common, but it doesn't seem to look at shared objects, only plain objects and archives. And you may have to grep through false positives.

--
Marc Glisse