Re: [GCC front end] trying to install python fe but fail in make

On 27 August 2010 12:18, charfi asma <charfiasma@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> I tried to install the python fe in gcc4.4.4 (I tried both gcc-dev from git and
> gcc4.5.1 but it fails in make step : seems to be a problem of mpc lib : checking
> for suffix of object files... configure: error: in
>
> `/export/home/charfi/objdir/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgcc': configure: error: cannot
> compute suffix of object files: cannot compile )
>
> using gcc 4.4.4, I did not get the error above, but it fails also at make step
>
> here is the error:
>
> the build/gengtype /export/home/charfi/Bureau/gcc-4.4.4/gcc gtyp-input.list
> /export/home/charfi/Bureau/gcc-4.4.4/gcc/python/symbols.h:85: unidentified type
> `gpy_symbol_obj'
> /export/home/charfi/Bureau/gcc-4.4.4/gcc/python/symbols.h:86: unidentified type
> `gpy_context_branch'

Hey

Sorry its taking me a while to reply to your mails, was traveling home
to see family and no internet in between anyways. My python front-end
won't work in previous versions of gcc only gcc HEAD, and anyways its
a little more complicated that simply coping out the python folder
from the gcc directory, since the compiler generates code which needs
to be linked against the libgpython toplevel runtime library, which to
be built has changes in the Makefile.tpl etc.

So your only choice is to use my python git branch to build it since i
haven't made a release tarball or such, though i merged in master gcc
lastnight and i need to fix a small error in my compiler driver to use
'struct cl_decoded_option ** ' instead of simply int argc, char
*argv[].

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/PythonFrontEnd

Should show you how to compile up my front-end. I will try my best to
fix up that compile error at least tomorrow morning, and update gcalc
to build along-side my python_fe. If your having problems with libmpc,
please try and download a release tarball and see if you can compile
that fine, since i cannot re-create your error's.

--Phil