Re: About DWARF DW_AT_external

--- On Thu, 29/7/10, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> The former.  It is attached to a definition to mean
> that the definition is externally visible.

  Right. Then, should this flag be set for the variables/functions coming from an outside object file through linking?

Ex. Say an application uses standard library functions like malloc, scanf, operator>>, operator<< etc. The dwarf DIEs describing such symbols have the external flag set.

Looking at the DIEs, is there any way of knowing which symbols are defined in the same object file and which ones come from other object files through linking?

Thank you.
---
Regards
    -Prasad
PS: Please don't send me html/attachment/Fwd mails