Re: Could my understanding of 'crti.o' in a ARM cross compile be verified?

On 07/28/2010 04:02 PM, Jamie Risk wrote:
>>> Complex indeed, and I have much reading ahead, thanks for the
>>> link.
>>
>> It's a lot easier, if you can get one, to copy the root
>> filesystem from your target.  Then you configure gcc with
>> --with-sysroot=/path/to/root/fs.
>
> I can't get one, I'm trying to understand how to make one.
> The process really is quite paradoxical.

Well, yes.  You're trying to do a really hard thing before you've ever
done the easy thing.  Before you try doing the really hard multi-stage
bootstrap I recommend you try using a pre-built root filesystem.  I'm
sure you get one for the distro of your choice: you only need
libraries, headers, and kernel headers.

Andrew.