Re: error in loading rpm compiled with gcc 4.5

Preeti Sharma <pritis@gmail.com> writes:

> I compiled our application with gcc 4.5 and now when I load the rpm I
> get the following error:
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.14) is needed by ........
>
> It was using gcc 4.1 before.
>
> Any pointers on what path/links need to be fixed to get over this.

The dynamic linker needs to pick up the same libstdc++.so that the
regular saw when it linked your program.  Well, it doesn't have to be
the exact same one, but it needs to be from the same or a newer version
of gcc.  In this case you are getting the libstdc++.so from an older
version of gcc, presumably the one installed on your system.  You need
to use the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable or modify ld.so.config
to pick up the newer one instead.

Or you need to build libstdc++ statically, or link against it
statically.

Ian