Fwd: Question on linker script file

Dear sirs,

it is not long time I'm using gcc (on AVR32 devices) so I'm not expert but, while I found manuals on compiler and linker, I didn't find manual/documentation on linker script file guideline.
It is not simple, looking at a script linker file, to understand clearly everything. I found something on linker manual but these information aren't so extensive/organic and complete as I expected.

Is there such documentation?

Many tanks in advance.

Best regards,

Valter Rasicci