How to find libs version (Newlib and UCLIBC) ?

Hi all,

I have built two cross toolchains using gcc, binutils and Newlib/Uclibc.
I am using separate build structure for source. I mean gcc, binutils and
Newlib/Uclibc are placed in diff directories.

Once the toolchain is ready, I can confirm gcc and binutils version using
something like below;
#*-*-gcc --version
#*-*-ld --version (or any other utility from binutils)

However, not able to see the libs source version. Is there a standard way
to detect that in built toolchain?

I have figured out that
#*-*-gcc --version -Wl,-verbose
does show sources path that were used to build the toolchain. However, it
doesnot look like a good mechanism though.

Any inputs?

Regards,
Brew