Re: how to ignore "X variable may be used uninitialized in this function"

I suggest you check gcc man page to see each -W option you chose. I'm
using the test case proposed on documentation:

--- x ---

int f() {
       int i = i;
       return i;
}

int main() {
        f();
        return 0;
}

--- x ---

$ gcc -Wall -Wuninitialized -Winit-self -O1 c.c -o c
c.c: In function ‘f’:
c.c:11: warning: ‘i’ is used uninitialized in this function

$ gcc -Wall -Wuninitialized -O1 c.c -o c

--tm