Re: compile problems with gcc 4.5.0

> Betreff: Re: compile problems with gcc 4.5.0

> >> interface:
>
> It is the 'ppl' package where your problem appears!  Not much to
> do with GCC ...
>
> > I installed now gmp-libs version 5.0.1 and have the same trouble. I also
> did ldconfig.
> >
> > Is there no chance to install gcc 4.5.0 on my system?
>
> Yes, just forget 'ppl' until you have successfully installed it
> to be in sync with the chosen 'gmp' !
>
> I tried adding 'ppl' into the GCC build equation and what I saw
> was :
>
> - I got just the same error as you
>
> - building 'ppl' requires an installed 'gmp', the 'gmpxx.h' should
>    also be installed, there was a notice about needing '--enable-cxx'
>    in the gmp configure
>
> - also 'zlib' or something must have been installed, I have forgotten
>    what when I didn't write it on a paper, got tired to look further
>    what the problems in the 'ppl' build & install were :(
>
> > I have no idea how to fix that problem.
>
> Producing 'ppl' with the GCC sources seems hopeless :(  The steps which
> I would suggest then are :
>
> 1. build and install gmp
>
> 2. build and install mpfr
>
> 3. build and install mpc
>
> 4. build and install GCC
>
> (Or build & install gmp - mpc during the GCC build & install)
>
> 4. try to build and install ppl and see the problems and ask help for
>     them in some ppl-related forum

You are right, the problem comes from ppl.

But now I tried to compile ppl first and install it, but got the same error while compiling ppl. And I have no fix for that. gmp is right in place (or not???). I installed that to prefix=/usr, removed older versions, run ldconfig. How can I fix the dependency trouble now?

Is there any example how I can configure ppl? The normal way with configure, make, make install is definitely broken for my installation :-(
Is there any trick to find out which lib the configure check finds?
How can I myself check the library version which is linked static or dynamic? Is the only way strace and figure out which files are found.
And after that we have to fix the configure scripts manually?

Compiling gcc becomes more and more an adventure... 3 days, no success...