Re: compile problems with gcc 4.5.0

5.5.2010 9:15, Klaus Rudolph kirjoitti:

On 5/3/2010 7:14 AM, Klaus Rudolph wrote:

checking for the GMP library version 4.1.3 or above... no configure: error: Cannot find GMP version 4.1.3 or higher. GMP is the GNU Multi-Precision library: see http://www.swox.com/gmp/ for more information. When compiling the GMP library, do not forget to enable the C++
interface:
add --enable-cxx to the configuration options.
make[2]: *** [configure-stage1-ppl] Fehler 1

It is the 'ppl' package where your problem appears! Not much to do with GCC ...

I installed now gmp-libs version 5.0.1 and have the same trouble. I also did ldconfig.

Is there no chance to install gcc 4.5.0 on my system?

Yes, just forget 'ppl' until you have successfully installed it to be in sync with the chosen 'gmp' !

I tried adding 'ppl' into the GCC build equation and what I saw
was :

- I got just the same error as you

- building 'ppl' requires an installed 'gmp', the 'gmpxx.h' should
  also be installed, there was a notice about needing '--enable-cxx'
  in the gmp configure

- also 'zlib' or something must have been installed, I have forgotten
  what when I didn't write it on a paper, got tired to look further
  what the problems in the 'ppl' build & install were :(

I have no idea how to fix that problem.

Producing 'ppl' with the GCC sources seems hopeless :( The steps which I would suggest then are :

1. build and install gmp

2. build and install mpfr

3. build and install mpc

4. build and install GCC

(Or build & install gmp - mpc during the GCC build & install)

4. try to build and install ppl and see the problems and ask help for
   them in some ppl-related forum