Re: Re : execution time of a c++ program

On 4/21/2010 8:19 AM, charfi asma wrote:
I heared that gprof can provide such info, am I wrong ?
that's why I am asking this question in a gcc mailing list.
One of code optimization goal is to reduce execution time, and gcc users had to measure the execution time of a program to evaluate optimizations.
they should be familiar with tools that measures the execution time...

If you are interested in gprof, as maybe you should be, this list is no substitute for the excellent references you will find on line.
http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs/gprof/index.html
There's no way your previous question implied you wanted gprof information, nor any way wanting to know about a binutils application explains asking on a gcc related list.

--
Tim Prince