This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 4.5.0 fails to compile - suffix application failure
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: salter michael <fmsalter at blueyonder dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 07:52:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: gcc 4.5.0 fails to compile - suffix application failure
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
salter michael <email@example.com> writes:
> I have failed to compile ggc 4.5.0.
> I have tried with and without the flag --enable-suffix set to -4.5.0.
> InÂ both cases, after some compilation time, it fails with a report
> that it is unable to apply the suffix.
> System is Slackware 13.0 on a dual core pentium processor.Â All
> required dependencies are met with locally compiled libraries.
> Is this a known problem?
What precisely did you do? What precisely did you see? What did you
expect to see instead?