Re: How to create raw binary executable?

On 04/05/2010 12:42 PM, Brian Catlin wrote:
I’ve read megabytes of documentation until my eyes started bleeding, but I
cannot figure this out.

I am writing embedded software for the PC platform, and I need to create
executable files that contain just code – no headers or sections – that can
be called by the BIOS boot loader.  My development platform is Windows, and
the majority of the code is written in Ada (GNAT).  Is there a way to tell
GNATlink or LD to create such an output file, or do I need to build a
special version of GCC?  If I need a special version of GCC, how do I build
it?

What you want is

http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.20/binutils/objcopy.html#objcopy

-- Jie Zhang CodeSourcery (650) 331-3385 x735