Accessing C++ function with Mixed Upper/Lower case name from F90 subroutine

Hi,
I have a problem trying to prepare a large simulation package, using mixed F90 and C++ routines, to compile and build under GCC (g++, and gfortran). The problem is I have a C++ function: Gauss() which is called from an F90 routine:
x=gauss()

This package was made able to build under the Intel fortran compiler by adding to the fortran file the Intel compile directive:

!DEC$ ATTRIBUTES ALIAS:'Gauss' :: gauss

I attempted to build this program using GCC where for F90 code the gfortran compiler option -fno-underscoring was used.

Presently my fortran routine won't build. It gets the error:

485: undefined reference to `gauss'

So, my question is, is there a way in GCC to enable the linker to find the C++ 'Gauss' method?

Thanks,
Dr. Glenn Sembroski
Physics Dept.,Purdue University
sembrosk@purdue.edu