Re: parser error

"srinivas13.2" <srinivas13.2@gmail.com> writes:

> Im trying to build gcc4.4.1 using eclipse.
> I successfully ran ./configure --disable-multilib and make from command
> line, and now when i try to builld it from eclipse i'am getting the
> following error:

Never run ./configure.  Follow the installation instructions, which
tell you to run the configure script in a different directory.

> **** Build of configuration Debug for project MyGcc ****
>
> make all
> yacc  ../intl/plural.y
> yacc: e - line 46 of "../intl/plural.y", syntax error
> %pure_parser
> ^
> make: *** [../intl/plural.c] Error 1
> [End of error]
>
> $which yacc
> /usr/bin/yacc
> $which byacc
> /usr/bin/byacc
> $which bison
> /usr/bin/bison
>
> Kindly suggest what is to be done in this regard

This normally should not happen.  The sources include plural.c, which
should be newer than plural.y.  The simple workaround is likely to be
to make sure that plural.c is unchanged from the sources, and then
"touch plural.c".

Ian