Re: gcc.texi: problem generating documentation

christophe.jarry@ouvaton.org writes:

> Now, is it possible to build GCC documentation directly from
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/docs-sources.tar.gz file, instead of
> having to download GCC whole source code?

I have no idea.  I don't know what creates that tar file.  If you want
to find out what creates that file and fix it up so that "make info"
works, I'm sure that help somebody in the future.  Note that simply
running "makeinfo" is not likely to be a useful goal; the useful goal
is "make info".

> - there is no 'gcc-vers.texi' file in the entire gcc/ directory,

gcc-vers.texi is created at "make" time.  There is a rule in
gcc/Makefile.

> - there is an 'at-file.texi' in gcc/libiberty/, but I don't know how
> to define 'srcdir' flag?

srcdir is normally set by gcc-vers.texi.

Ian