Re: optimization options not working

hi

this is what i am doing :-

1. Created the machine description files
2. Build my target (successful)
3. Compile
       Now this step works correctly i.e. generate correct assembly if i do
not put any optimization option.

     command : ----    ./target-gcc -S test.c     -> works
                              ./target-gcc -O1/2/3 -S test.c    -> no
assembly corresponding to the variable assignment and all other operations
i.e. it generates only prologue and epilogue(if i am correct for later
part).

Give me some insight into working of peephole optimizations, how do i start
doing that.

Rohit