Re: Why is gcc going to default to "GNU dialect of ISO C99?"

Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

> I can't see how hackers can find it too hard to add an option, such as
> -allow-GNU-extensions, so they, and anyone reading the code, are well
> aware they are not writing C code, but some non-portable variant of it.

As it turns out, even many of GCC's extensions that are not part of C99
are now supported by other compilers because, as has been posted before,
they are so darn useful. That means that using them does not necessarily
make the code 'non portable', although it's not as portable as pure C99
would be.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming@digium.com