This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SSP support for gcc on mips?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: basile <basile at opensource dot dyc dot edu>
- Cc: GCC-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 07:16:55 -0800
- Subject: Re: SSP support for gcc on mips?
- References: <4B624940.firstname.lastname@example.org>
basile <email@example.com> writes:
> I'm working with gcc-4.3.4 uclibc-0.9.30.1-r1 on a mips system.
> (32-bit big endian abi=o32).
> I'd like to get ssp, but -fstack-protector leads to
> foo.c:1: warning: -fstack-protector not supported for this target
> I traced it back and there simply isn't any ssp support in gcc for
> mips. Ironically uclibc does have __stack_chk_fail.
> Can anyone shed light on this? What's the status of ssp on mips?
-fstack-protector should work for MIPS targets in the upcoming gcc 4.5
release. In current releases it does not work. Sorry.