Need GCC-2.95 internals document or how to add a new port to GCC-2.95

Hi all,

        I need the gcc internals document for gcc-2.95 version as I am not
able to add a new target to this GCC version and getting error as :

        configure: error: invalid value of canonical target
        Configure in /root/newbuild/gcc failed, exiting.

        There is no config.gcc file in /gcc-2.95/gcc/ directory and I added
new target in only configure.in file in the same directory.

         If anyone know about this please help me, As I want to compare
current GCC version with GCC 2.95. I know GCC - 2.95 is timed out or very
old version.

Regards,
Prashant