Re: ins instruction is not produced in the assembly code (mips32r2)

On 01/12/2010 07:28 AM, fanqifei wrote:
>>> I still not understand when the insn "insv" in target.md can be used
>>> in the RTL representation of the code.
>>
>> I already told you in my previous message.  Did you not see it?

> Hi Andrew, I did see it. But that's not exactly what I want.
> Is the builtin function the only way to utilize ins instruction?
> According to the webpage
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-05/msg02430.html, the builtin
> functions are introduced for the DSP extension. As INS instruction is
> introduced in MIPS32 R2 too(not exactly the same as in DSP extension),
> I guess there must be another method to utilize ins instruction of
> MIPS32R2 except inline asm or builtin functions.

I grepped through the gcc back-end.  There is code to use insv and
extv in bitfield accesses.  I'm not really sure what is going on in
your case.

I think David Daney is right: make sure that with the latest
development version of gcc and the correct options this still happens,
and file a bug report.

Andrew.