RE: C++ ex ception ha ndling pro blem with GNU PPC‏

Thank for prompt reply.

Is Unwind approach for exception handling is target specific? If yes then which switches are required to build tools libraries and which libraries are required for unwinding support on PPC32?

Currently I am linking with libstdc++.a, libgcc.a, libc.a.
And can I use setjump/longjump approach for exception handling? If yes then which defines are required to build tools libraries for this approach?
Regards

______________

Oman

> Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 16:28:27 +0000
> From: aph@redhat.com
> To: oman_n@hotmail.com
> CC: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
> Subject: Re: C++ exception handling problem with GNU PPC‏
>
> On 01/01/2010 02:43 PM, Oman Nadeem wrote:
>
>> I am having a problem with exception handling for C++ on GNU PPC
>> Tools (MPC8xx platform).
>>
>> When I call "throw" from "try" block in my test application to raise
>> an exception the control goes in the following way and traps into
>> "abort" on returning NULL from _Unwind_Find_FDE function.
>>
>> __cxa_throw
>> __Unwind_RaiseException
>> uw_init_context_1
>> uw_frame_state_for
>> Unwind_Find_FDE ("seen_objects" and "unseen_objects" are NULL so return NULL)
>>

>> Am I missing any switch or initialization related to c++/exception
>> handling?
>
> No, this is one of the things that should "just work". As long as
> you're compling with g++, the right libraries and compile options will
> be selected by default. It may be that you have an incompatible set
> of libraries installed, or that your compiler is broken.
>
> Andrew.
Windows Live Hotmail: Your friends can get your Facebook updates, right from Hotmail®.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_4:092009