Call to setrlimit() being inserted?

I have a library that is somehow setting the resource limit for stack
memory to a certain value in a program linking to that library. I know
this because if I strace the program which links to the library, there
is a call to setrlimit() before main()'s entry point. If I don't link
to the library, no such call to setrlimit is shown.

Of course, there is no occurrence of the string "setrlimit" in all of
the source code for both parts, the program and the library.

Do you know if and how this can be done at a stage of the compilation process?

Thanks.