GCC's order of header file search path

Hi,

I have a doubt in gcc's order of header file search path.

The application, which I'm porting (Diab compiler to GCC compiler), has
standard header files (with modification) from different vendors.

The makefile uses -I option to include those headers(although GCC suggests
to use -isystem to specify vendor-supplied include paths). Diab C compiler
always searches standard include paths before -I paths.

I read in GCC manual that path given by -I will be searched first prior to
the standard include path. So I'm getting lot of unnecessary errors.

I tried to include GCC standard include path with -I option prior to
remaining vendor specific -I paths. But GCC cleverly ignores the path which
is standard system include directory.

I want GCC to always search standard header path first prior to -I option.

Is there any option to make GCC to behave so? Or Have I missed any option in
GCC configuration while building?