Need help with my Project

Hi all,

 I am Ajay, a student from India. I'm working on one of my course
projects that require me to edit GCC such that it accepts a new pair
keywords. The needed functionality for this pair of keyword is similar
to that of parenthesis which will allow us to process the block of
code enclosed between them. The project requires me to edit gcc to
identify this new pair of keywords, then process the block of code
enclosed. I am very new to the internals of gcc. I've started studying
the GCC internals but getting no clue where to start on my project.
Please guide me how to achieve the above functionality.

 Thanks in advance,

Ajay.