Re: Implementing the pass for reaching definition analysis in gcc

[ Re-directed to gcc-help.  Much easier to get help this way. ]

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 09:41, utkarsh dubey <dubey.utkarsh@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> i am working on a project in which i have to implement the passes for
> reaching definition analysis,

Reaching definitions is done implicitly when computing the SSA form.
For each SSA name, simply traverse its immediate uses using
FOR_EACH_IMM_USE_STMT.

> constant propagation,

<src>/gcc/tree-ssa-ccp.c

> copy propagation

<src>/gcc/tree-ssa-copy.c

> and constant folding.

<src>/gcc/fold-const.c  (helper routines used by all the optimizers
and front ends).