Re: gcc4.5 ivopts question.

kumon@aa.mbn.or.jp writes:

> When a C source program uses pointer auto increment operator within a
> loop, sometimes ivopts replaces a pointer reference to an indexed memory access,
> which causes poor performance in my case. The detail description
> attached bellow.  Does somebody give me a suggestion?

The usual way to address this kind of thing is to adjust the
TARGET_RTX_COSTS hook to return appropriate costs for pointer
addressing vs. indexed memory addressing.

If you compile with -fdump-tree-ivopts-details you will get a dump
file which should give you some information about the costs that the
ivopts pass is using.

Ian