Guidance and Testing Architectures

Hey

I have been playing around with GCC for some time now, tracing how it works etc. Looking for a regression to tackle, but a lot of regressions are architecture specific, i was wondering what is the best way to test GCC for cross-architecture problems.

As in do you use QEMU to run different architectures or is it best to run on a server. It would be great if i could get some guidance on where to start as in what regressions are still relevant as some are very old or are there any new projects to do something new in gcc to get involved in :). So far i have only built my own simple front-end some i understand some of how gcc works.

--Phil