Re: Getting the compiler version

Thanks for putting me straight on the versioning issue.

On the "no gcc.exe" issue it struck me odd too. I was using V1.7 of
CrossWorks for ARM (GCC 4.1.1) but have since upgraded to V2.0 (GCC V4.4.0).
In V1.7, gcc.exe is there in the \bin directory but there is no such file in
the \bin directory for V2.0.

As far as I can remember V1.7 never invoked gcc.exe and always used cc1.exe
followed by as.exe whenever it compiled a C file. Looks like it wasn't used
back then either.

Does this sound a reasonable way to use GCC? What exactly is the function of
gcc.exe (I was of the thinking that it was a shell used to invoke cc1.exe,
as.exe and ld.exe but I could be wrong here)?

Regards John