Config.sub?

Hi,

I need to install gcc vers. 4.2.4 on a linux box, and my experience doing anything with linux is pretty much nil.

When I try to run the configure script, I get the following error:
configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ./../../config.sub

I've tried searching for config.sub, but it does not appear to exist in the gcc files I downloaded, nor does it appear to be anywhere else on the machine (which has a newer version of gcc installed). Where do I get config.sub? Is it supposed to be generated by the configure script?

-Kathryn Hall