Re: Issue on Solaris box

Hey

This can be a frustrating problem, i had a program running on debian
with gcc 4 then moving to gcc 3 on SUSE and solaris all running
slightly differently.

But the compiler is probably producing different assembly for each OS,
because its a different gcc version.

This isn't really a problem, you might find you have had bugs in
memory management that probably caused the bug and some gcc versions
produce safer assembly code than others. Try running your program
under gdb first to see how its running and track down where its
failing.

If your getting the gcc from a full solaris repos then its probably
working ok. And passed the test-suite, or something was very wrong.

If you still think its gcc, trying compiling the lastest stable from
gcc website and running your program with it. It may produce safer
assembly.

--Phil