Re: "Undefined reference to ..." Errors

Hey John,

John Farmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have GCC V4.1.1 and have looked again at the documents for some
> information on the "used" attribute but cannot find it anywhere in the type
> attributes section. Can anyone direct me to its help source?
>
> Regards John

You could have a look at the docs for GCC 4.2
(http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.2.4/gcc/Variable-Attributes.html#Variable-Attributes).
But the documentation for "used" is not that spectacular:

|used|
    This attribute, attached to a variable, means that the variable must
    be emitted even if it appears that the variable is not referenced.

Best regards,
Andi