excluding files from generating profile data

Hi,

In using the gcov options to measure our unit test coverage, we are getting low coverage numbers being reported for various directories under bits/. I assume this is due to our inclusion of <vector> in the program we are measuring coverage on.

With both GCC 4.3.3 and GCC 4.4, we have been unable to filter out these extraneous coverage bits. We have tried both the -finstrument-functions-exclude-file-list and -finstrument-functions-exclude-function-list options, neither of which seem to have any effect on the coverage data being generated.

How can we exclude the calculation of the coverage of the files in the gcc's bits/ directory?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

--
tangled strands of DNA explain the way that I behave.
http://www.clock.org/~matt