Re: Why does gcc allow implicit conversion from const T* to T* (in C)?

2009/5/5 Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>:
> Sebastian Mach <phresnel@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> A member at the site gamedev.net came up with the question why the
>> following only gives a warning, even with -Wall -Wextra -std=c99
>> -pedantic:
>
> I think you are looking for -pedantic-errors.
>
> Ian

My main problem was that I was expecting an error message blessed by
standards. But Andrew Haley pointed out a nice point about that a
"diagnostic" is not necessary an error message nor a warning according
to standards; I wasn't aware of that:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2009-05/msg00034.html.