Re: gcc & Coldfire

Gre7g Luterman wrote:
> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Matthew Lai <cyberfish@wecheer.com> wrote:
>> You need to build a cross-compiler for your target.
>>
>> "./configure, make, make install" by default builds a native compiler for
>> the host.
>
> Many thanks for the reply. I had thought that might be my problem, but
> I was afraid that if I put in any cross-compiler options, I might end
> up compiling a version of gcc that RUNS on the m68k instead one that
> compiles code to run on it. I am certainly getting closer now.
>
> I erased the whole gcc directory and started over afresh. Here's what
> I'm getting...
>
> $ ./configure --target=m68k-elf --host=i686-pc-cygwin --program-prefix=m68k-

It's usually a good idea to run gcc's configure in a different directory.

> <lots of compiler happiness />
>
> $ make

You're going to need first to build binutils (assembler, linker) for 68k
and you're going to need a C library from somewhere.  The binutils list
at binutils@sourceware.org will can help you with binutils and you
can get a C library from http://sourceware.org/newlib/.

If on your older m68k system you already have a C library, that will
help a great deal, as you won't have to build it.  But you'll still
have to build binutils first.

Andrew.