Re: When to use Thumb ?

givemecode <samdomville@yahoo.com> writes:

> I just don't understand what Thumb is and exactly when it should be used.

I'm not sure this is a gcc question.  There is plenty of information
about Thumb available on the web.  Try wikipedia, for example.

Thumb is an alternate instruction set supported by ARM processors, which
on average runs slower and takes less space than the regular ARM
instruction set.  So, for example, Thumb instead of ARM might be
appropriate for use on devices which are memory constrained, especially
where performance is not important.

Ian