Re: Problems Building ppl-0.10.2 with g++-4.4.0 on Open Solaris 2008.11

Tom Browder wrote:
[...] I've been compiling gcc since
before egcc and it really doesn't look like a Solaris problem but a
ppl problem.

On what grounds are you claiming that? Did you investigate the problem? I mean, you seem to ignore that we actually test all PPL candidate releases on dozens of different hardware/software platforms. And that we refrain from releasing if even the slightest problem is known to us.

[...]   I suspect g++-4.4.0 is too strict for ppl and ppl needs
fixing.

Suspect? Are you suspecting that we released PPL 0.10.x without testing it with the GCC 4.4.0 snapshots and release candidate? Regards,

Roberto

P.S.: Suggested reading:

      http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#id306810
      http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#symptoms