This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Cross compiler problem: cannot find crt1.o
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Vincent De Groote <list dot encelade at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:22:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: Cross compiler problem: cannot find crt1.o
- References: <49EB0462.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Vincent De Groote <email@example.com> writes:
> I try to build a toolchain for a i486-linux-gnu target, and I'm new to
> cross compiling.
Have you look at http://crosstool.org/ ?
> The unwind support fails because glibc configure script tries to
> compile and link a small program testing for unwind support, and the
> link fails:
This is a typical bootstrap problem when building a cross-compiler to
GNU/Linux: crt1.o comes from glibc, but you can't configure glibc
without crt1.o. The solution is to build glibc twice. The scripts at
http://crosstool.org/ can help.